Tuesday, April 14, 2009

trash to treasure – part 3

This weekend I finished up my little "Finding Grace" shrine I mentioned a while back. I had planned to add copper wings (that finally have a nicely aged patina) but when I showed it to my mom, she fell in love with it as-is! So off it went in my mom's hand luggage on Sunday and I'm glad to know it found a loving home!


Speaking of finding a loving home, one of the reasons I haven't been posting much lately is that I've been quite busy taking care of our new family member: Tucker, a tiny golden retriever mix who was rescued by the Oregon Humane Society (my favorite non-profit!) from a man in Eastern Oregon who had over 200 neglected and malnourished dogs on his property.


Tucker is already quite famous and has appeared in two newspaper articles, once in The Oregonian (click here) and once in the Portland Tribune (click here). Upon his arrival in Portland, the kind folks at the Oregon Humane Society named him Cooper but since we already have a dog named Cooper (and one named Pogo), we settled on Tucker for this little guy.


Yes, he looks quite tuckered out in this picture, but trust me when I tell you that he has all the energy of a regular puppy and none of the manners – yet! I'm heading out in just a few minutes for his very first training class; fingers crossed, he'll be a quick study.

If you want more information about the Oregon Humane Society or are interested in adopting one of their 125 dogs rescued from Burns, just click here to find out more!

No comments: