Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Artisan Holiday Studio Sale

This time of year I'm participating in a lot of holiday bazaars and festivals across the greater Portland area, but I must admit that the one I'm most excited about is the one happening at my very own house!


It's my first-ever studio sale and I'm so excited to be sharing it with four other fabulous artists, all of whom I admire for their amazing talents and strong spirit.

I've known Amy Smith for years and we've collaborated on many projects, our most recent one being the launch of Candywinkel this past summer. Amy's passion for packaging is a perfect fit for this new venture. Her party favors and corporate gifts are the epitome of style, and her knack for finding unique and tasty candies is simply incredible. She'll have many holiday-themed at hand during the studio sale and will also be taking orders for special events.


Then there's Peggy Flynn with P Flynn Design whom I first met a year ago during the Portland Gift Show. Her aromatic sachets and silk pillows have a wonderfully relaxing and calming scent and her designs are fun and eclectic, especially her newest line, the Brown Box series. Elegant yet mysterious and slightly dark, these designs are what you might stumble across in an old curio cabinet – such little treasures!


Teri Sprouse with 2Monkees creates stunning jewelry and accessories. She has a real eye for detail and knows just what will work as a necklace or which piece will work better as a ring or hair clip. I'm especially drawn to her scrabble tile pendants with fun graphics and simply ball chain. It's such an easy way to add a bit of pizzazz to your outfit, and with Teri's low prices you can pick up several without breaking the bank!


And I just love the felted wool purses that Julie Goughnour creates over at Fuzzbags. Julie has a great eye for color and her whimsical designs are fun without being childish. She uses top-quality wool and her bags are ever so soft. I snapped up one of her purses the instant I spotted it at an event six months ago and it's been one of my faves ever since!


And of course, I'll have my full line of Cecily Ink paper products available. The Fresh Style Card File is a great gift idea (a gift of organization and preparation!) and if you haven't seen the new "mod floral" style yet, this will be a great time to check out all the new card designs. Plus choose from calendars, thank you cards, invitations, paper table settings, gift wrap, buttons, magnets and more. Best of all, I'll be offering several specials not available online!


So bring a friend, enjoy some complimentary cider and snacks, and shop our Artisan Holiday Studio Sale – you'll be sure to find something for everyone on your list. See you there!

ARTISAN HOLIDAY STUDIO SALE
Saturday December 13 • 11:00 to 3:00 • 503.970.8675
1848 NE 58th Avenue (corner of 58th & Hancock between Sandy & Halsey off 57th)

No comments: