Monday, August 10, 2009

living an artful life

Saturday we stumbled across the Letterpress Printer's Fair and picked up two wonderful broadsides by Sandy Tillcock with Lone Goose Press:

As soon as I saw this illustration, I knew I had to have it – it looks just like one of our dogs, Pogo.

Todd fell in love with this poem and I loved the scale of the piece.

When we came home from the Letterpress Printer's Fair, I found this porcelain wall pillow by Stepanka waiting on our door step (check out her Etsy shop here) :

It's tiny but full of character and I plan to hang it in our new upstairs bathroom as soon as the sky lights are installed (any day now!)

We finished off our art-inspired day by having a simple dinner of crusty bread, mild blue cheese and a yummy olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. I felt like I was definitely living an artful life as I reached for another piece of baguette that was nestled in one of these wonderful bowls by Alex Marshall (find them at Ink & Peat):


And the art keeps on coming: today I received our prints from another fabulous Etsy seller, Fabienne Labokoff! Todd and I looked at every single one of her prints in her shop before settling on these four:

Can't wait to frame these and find the perfect spot for them – I'm thinking maybe above our bed to mirror the three square skylights that we'll soon be enjoying!

No comments: