Thursday, February 26, 2009

these two girls...

Diana and Holga are my new best friends! Last night I picked up my first roll of film shot on each of these two old-fashioned, plastic "toy" cameras and I'm thrilled with the results.

First up is Diana:

And then of course, there's Holga:

Granted, you hardly have any control over things such as focus and lighting, and forget about trying to view your shots instantly like on a digital to see if they're any good. But given that this was my very first try at using these cameras, I'm quite pleased. Can't wait to experiment some more!

4 comments:

brandi katherine herrera said...

beautiful! i want a lomo cam so bad! did you process and develop the film/prints on your own or take them in?

Alex with Attic Antics said...

I wish I had the time and room to do my own developing! But alas, I took the film to Pro Photo Supply in NW Portland :)

carina said...

Beautiful images! I think your post is the perfect inspiration for me to start shooting film again. I have both a medium and large format camera I've been thinking about pulling out and using again.

Alex with Attic Antics said...

Wow, I had no idea my photos were inspirational – thank you so much!

Hey, maybe we should go shooting together sometime – find some cool spots, maybe in the Pearl or NW Industrial (train tracks, anyone?)