Thursday, June 4, 2009

nesting instincts

Now that I have officially closed the doors on Cecily Ink, I find myself wanting to "fluff" everything... the house, the garden, my office. It's like my nesting instincts are working overtime trying to catch up on two years of neglecting my surroundings!

I'm taking time to enjoy the small pleasures, like these stunning peonies:

Our neighbor Aaron gave me this plant a few years ago and every year right when it was ready to bloom, we had a big rainstorm which flattened the stems and ruined the blossoms. Needless to say, this year the rain held off and the glorious sunshine showed off these peonies in their true glory:

I've also been roaming on Etsy, looking for this and that to spruce up the inside of our house. I "hearted" plenty of things to revisit later, but when I came across this print from My Wagonette simply had to have it – now!

It came in the mail today and it's even more beautiful than I had expected! I love the mustardy shade of yellow and can't wait to get it framed and find the perfect place to hang (yes, I bought a piece of art without having a clue as to where I could display it – didn't want it to be "the one that got away!")

I'm looking forward to our little road trip Saturday: I'll be driving for 5+ hours to shop till I drop at Farm Chicks! I'm so excited – can't wait to see what goodies I'll find.

If you're going, be sure to stop by the Candywinkel booth – Amy has been a busy little bee creating candy and candle goodness that are so sweet. I promise I'll take lots of pictures to share next week!

No comments: