Thursday, May 1, 2008

shop talk – Coco & Toulouse

The Sellwood area in Southeast Portland is mostly known for its many fabulous antique stores but connoisseurs know to stop by Coco & Toulouse Go Shopping. Tucked away in the corner of a more corporate-looking office building, this store is like stumbling upon an unexpected treasure trove full of fabulous finds and girly gifts.


Although there's a decidedly feminine flair (plenty of pink and shiny rhinestones), Coco & Toulouse definitely has something for everyone, including flea market finds from France, tons of Hobo purses, and an amazing selection of colorful ribbon and gift wrap.


I love their mix of old and new, fancy decadence and simple elegance, and I never fail to walk out of there with a little gift for a friend or a must-have book, candle or jewelry for myself.



And of course, being a total Francophile, I simply adore all the Eiffel Towers and French influences sprinkled throughout the store (my love for all things French multiplied by a million after my hubby proposed to me by the Eiffel Tower).


Have I mentioned yet that I'm a sucker for packaging? Look at these soaps – I want them all!

These wall plates are just gorgeous – I especially love the 9-piece labyrinth! I can just picture it in a gorgeous majestic home above the sofa or fire place on a brightly painted wall, just like this.


This little piggy went to market, and this little piggy wore a tiara... love these piggy banks – what an inspiring way to save up for a fun shopping spree!

COCO & TOULOUSE GO SHOPPING
7080 SE 16th Avenue • Portland OR503.236.5999

No comments: