Thursday, May 8, 2008

shop talk – modern

While our house tends to look more like an antique shop, I do really appreciate a clean, simple aesthetic, and over the years I have added a few modern touches here and there. There's one place in particular that gets my heart beating faster when it comes to finding some great modern additions to adorn my home and body: Modern in Eugene.


Located right across from the 5th Street Public Market, Modern's brightly lit interior draws you in like a moth to a flame. Not only do I love all the amazing products they offer, I am always impressed with how airy and open the store feels. It's like stepping into a wonderful modern art gallery, but one where you're allowed to touch things!



I love their large selection of Angela Adam floor coverings – her patterns are so fun and inspiring, I filled my design studio with no less than three of her amazing rugs!


Modern offers lots of choices for unique and fashionable home accessories, like vases, vessels, candelabras, decanters, and lighting – boy, do they have some amazing lighting!

As you can see, there are plenty of body accessories to choose from, too. My favorite is their great watch selection – LOVE the third from the right with the orange face!


Modern also sprinkles in some fine art, like the three-dimensional paper art above. And aren't these two canvas prints adorable? So cute in a baby's room.


But my overall favorite simply has to be Modern's amazing selection of miniature designer's chairs. These replicas are simply stunning! Displayed on a backlit shelf, the chairs just call out for closer inspection and it's fun to play "I know that designer" as you go through their collection. Hey, this would make a great Father's Day gift (my dad always wanted his very own Eames chair!)

MODERN
207 East 5th Street • Eugene OR • 541.686.1935 • www.modern-store.com

No comments: