Monday, July 28, 2008

graphic simplicity

I came across Bailey Doesn't Bark while browsing one of my favorite marketplaces, Poppytalk Handmade. I adore RJ's hand-drawn graphic style and how she has applied to it modern tableware. The result is stunningly simple yet powerful.


I especially love her use of a single line that winds its way through so many of her pieces.


This red set of her "Shh" series shows birds sleeping on a wire – they're the most comfy birds I've ever seen! And I love the graphic touch on the saucer that's revealed when you lift your cup!


My absolute favorite, though, has to be this series of plates showing the changing seasons. The simplicity and graphic impact are just perfect!


Even though RJ lives and works in New York, you can get your fill of Bailey Doesn't Bark's etsy shop here .

No comments: