Thursday, July 24, 2008

shop talk – marché provisions

While I was in Eugene on business last week, I stopped by one of my favorite markets: Marché Provisions at the 5th Street Public Market.


As their name implies, Provisions is filled to the brim with everything you could wish for to create an elegant picnic by the river or a five-star meal right at home. Or, you can enjoy your cup of coffee, gelato or slice of wood oven-baked pizza right on the spot in their little seating area.


Besides agonizing over which of the mouth-watering treats will find its way home with me, I also spent plenty of time browsing their nicely edited collection of table top wares, books, and gourmet foods.



Last but not least, Provisions also offers a nice selection of paper goods such as birthday cards, gift wrap and gift tags, including Portland favorites Goosey Press and Cecily Ink (yes, I'm blatantly tootin' my own horn!).


MARCHÉ PROVISIONS
296 East Fifth Avenue • Eugene, OR • 541.342.3612 • www.marcheprovisions.com

No comments: