Thursday, October 8, 2009

the big book of green design is here!

Yesterday I received my Big Book of Green Design and I couldn't wait to thumb through it.

Naturally, first stop was to see my own work that was included (last year's client gift, a set of three notebooks printed on FSC-certified paper by Brown Printing, an FSC-certified printer):

After going through the book cover to cover, I was truly inspired to see so much great – and green! – design out there. Here are a few of the projects that caught my eye:

What an unusual shape for a calendar – love it! Plus it's a great self-promotion piece, and eco-friendly to boot (by D4 Creative Group out of Philadelphia, PA)

Always a sucker for good packaging, these tea towels and wooden trays totally caught my eye. Clean design, clever packaging, and screen-printing on kraft paper is always gorgeous! (by Aloof Design, East Sussex, UK for Twentytwentyone)

We all know sex sells, and I thought this was a clever play on words. (by University of Illinois and Renourish, Champaign, IL for AIGA)

Paper art at its best! This 3D paper cutout illustration style is amazing! (by Sally Vitsky, Richmond, VA for the American Forest & Paper Association)

Talk about upcycling! This amazing chandelier is made out of 50,000 paper clips! (by JAM, London, UK for Sothebys).

No comments: