Monday, October 26, 2009

expo loot

Another Portland Antique Expo has come and gone this past weekend and I'm left with happy memories and a fabulous loot:

My favorite finds are definitely this old rubber squeaky toy of a big bull and this much-loved lion:

And I totally scored at an ephemera booth that had a couple of shoe boxes filled with cheap photographs. Most of these beauties cost me only a quarter each:

At another booth I found stacks and stacks of glass transparency slides. Not sure yet how I'll incorporate these into my trash-to-treasure art assemblages, but I'm sure I'll figure out something (if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!):

The same booth also had these old cardboard film canisters – love the graphics. And the old glove mold is now the third in my collection of necklace holders in the bathroom:

Last but not least, I couldn't pass up this wonderful snowman:

And yes, there was one thing that got away: a gorgeous vintage dressmaker's mannequin! It was in great condition and had a metal cage and cast iron stand on rollers. Just couldn't justify the price tag for something I don't really need (although I've been told $295 wasn't really that bad a price – darn it!)

No comments: