Monday, March 24, 2008

the pillow palace

You know how some people just enter your life in a whirlwind? That's exactly how I met Peggy Flynn a few months ago when we were both exhibiting at the Portland Gift Show. From the moment I saw her bold-patterned skirt sashaying down the aisle, I knew I wanted to soak up some of that great energy that surrounds her.


And I'm so glad I did! Peggy is the "P" behind P. Flynn Design, a wonderful line of aromatic pillows and sachets. To my surprise, I have been buying her products for years, both for myself and as gifts for friends and family!


Her small screen-printed sachets are amazing, her designs ranging from darling to daring with everything inbetween. I love the fact that they come in a little box, ready for gifting. And the scented filling is amazing: flaxseed and lavender with essential oils of clary sage, vertivert, and lemongrass.


She recently added her alphabet series that use decorative initials – there are so many ways to use these! Besides gifts for obvious occasions, how about leaving one on the bedside table the next time you have house guests? What a great personal touch that would make.


And these eye pillows make me long for a day of self-indulgence, filled with massage, a good book and a relaxing soak in the tub!


My favorite, though, is her new line of larger pillows, some of which come filled with the same amazing aromatherapy blends as her small sachets. I just had to snatch up the pillow on the right - the colors and theme are perfect for my bedroom! Every night, I simply fluff the pillow a bit to rustle up the filling, and I fall asleep with the scent of heavenly lavender all around me.

Peggy's pillows can be found at numerous stores around the country, including Bella Lulu's in Portland, Pomegranate in Bend, and Passion Flower in Eugene. For a complete overview of the P. Flynn Design line, just visit the website.

No comments: