Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Portland Gift Show

First off, my apologies for my lack of postings in recent weeks. I'm just now getting back into the swing of things after exhibiting at the Portland Gift Show for the past four days, and the National Stationery Show just shortly before that.

While doing a trade show can certainly be exhausting (especially doing two practically back-to-back!), I love meeting some of the amazingly talented artists and vendors at these events.


Case in point: Cynthia Dunn with French Notes uses her watercolor talents to create lovely cards and towels. I especially like her "carottes" and "poire" images – so simple yet stunning! The best of luck at your upcoming Atlanta trade show – I know you'll do really well!


Then there's Molly with Elizabeth Jewelry, a seasoned pro at the Portland Gift Show. You may have seen her on TV not too long ago, when KPTV interviewed her about the necklaces and earrings she was commissioned to design for this year's Rose Festival princesses. Molly is as nice as can be, always wanting to share her own success and good fortune by promoting other artists to her buyers - thanks, Molly! You can check out her work on her website and her Etsy site.


Not a pro yet but well on her way after her debut at the Portland Gift Show, Erin with Bath Gal makes the most sensuous-smelling soaps, lotions and shower gel. I use Erin's "Lavender Orange" shower gel and love it!

Now the show time is over – instead, it's time to fill those orders and get back to designing for my Defteling clients, who've been ever so patient with my frequent absences this past month – a big thank-you to all of you as well!

No comments: