Monday, February 11, 2008

Will you be my Valentine?

I can't believe Valentine's Day is just a few days away! I still have to make my hubby a card and find a little something that shows him just how much he means to me. I must admit, it'd be quite a bit easier if he were a girl - just look at all the cute things I found on Etsy:


I simply adore all the creations at the Felt Gallery! Yes, in case you're wondering, I do own one of her gorgeous flower pins - it's an orange poppy you may have seen me wear in several photos shown in previous posts. I can't tell you how many comments I receive every time I wear it!


Staying with the felt theme, check out these darling lady bugs at Fine Art Toys. All her little critters are simply too cute for words - like the grey kitty or Russian dolls! And what better way to package your little gift than in a paper pillow box by Field & Sea. If you love paper as much as I do, you just HAVE to stop by her Etsy shop for some of the most amazing paper patterns and prints.


How cool is this "anatomically incorrect" heart at PearsonMaron? Yes, it's got the arteries in the right place, but thankfully artists Quincy and Adam cleaned up the rest to be visually much more pleasing than the real thing! And I think I need to find a scarf just like the one in this watercolor by Emily at The Black Apple - how romantic to literally be tied to your Valentine in a PG-13 way! I've admired Emily's style for a while now and will soon have to purchase one of her amazing paintings myself.


What's Valentine's Day without flowers?! This rose print by Teha would look stunning in a simple white mat and black frame (okay, so I'm a purist). And check out this necklace by Spin Designs - I met her at the Portland Gift Show in January and was speechless when I saw her amazing designs. The style is so clean yet elegant - and while you're visiting her shop, take a look at the amazing mobiles.

Oh, and if your sweetie happens to need a little shopping inspiration, send him/her a link to this blog post - who knows, you may end up the happy recipient of one of these sweet treasures!

No comments: