Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Celebrity Sightings

While out and about, we noticed that many visitors had cameras slung around their necks – typical tourists, I thought. But once I started looking at all the faces around me, I realized that all these people just wanted to be at the ready to snap a shot of whichever celebrity happened to be near them at the time! The local evening news was even asking for submissions of celeb sightings, airing photos shot by everyday people – thus encouraging the photo frenzie surrounding the celebs.

While we did not take part of the point-and-shoot mentality (at least not when it came to celebs), we did see our share of stars walking up to the ski lifts, enjoying their lunch or just strolling down Main Street. Ben Kingsley looked majestic in a full-length black leather-and-fur coat as he swept up the stairs to a restaurant while Anjelica Huston and her entourage took over most of the sidewalk as she made her way up Main Street. Quentin Tarantino graciously signed authographs outside the Library Theater before being whisked away by his handlers.

And most excitingly, Todd was in line to order with Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy at the Main Street Pizza and Noodles. I was glad to see that during the half hour we shared this public space with them, only once did a fan walk up and ask for an autograph! The two of them sat at a table smack-dab in the middle of the restaurant and were joined by Kate Blumberg. As much as I wanted to run up and ask for a photo, I was able to restrain myself and settled for stealing occasional glances – they were only two tables away! (btw, they ordered a grilled chicken salad – I know you guys were all wondering what movie stars eat, right?)

No comments: